Hieeeee friends!!! I want to share one of my new faves with you! I received the Biossance Squalane + Vitamin C Dark Spot Serum free from Influenster in exchange for a review on Sephora & Biossance. I loved it so much I wanted to make sure I wrote a post on it too!
I’ve been using the serum now nightly for about 2.5 weeks and I love it! I use two squirts of it after washing my face. I let it sit for about 3-10 min before applying my Roses n Rose liquid filler (use code Kat for 15% off) and Milk night cream, or Roses n Rose Glow Effect cream.
I’m a huge fan of Vitamin C, especially for its skin brightening effects. In this post, I’ll explain the benefits Squalane & Vitamin C serum can have on your skin.
Squalane is the hydrogenated stable form of the squalene molecule, which is a lipid naturally found in your skin cells. It is a natural skin moisturizer, but it’s production slows with age resulting in drier, more rough skin. In order to add it topically yet keep the product stable and not let it spoil easily on the shelf, it is converted to a saturated oil in skincare products. Some of the benefits of Squalane include:
- Moisture: The primary use and benefit of Squalane is for moisturizing because it can boost hydration.
- Acne: It is lightweight and noncomedogenic
- Anti-Aging: It has antioxidants that help fight free radicals, which slows down the aging process.
- Collagen: Regular use can increase collagen production for more firm skin.
- Anti-Inflammatory & Natural Antibacterial Properties: Can reduce redness & swelling, and speed up skin healing.
Meanwhile, Vitamin C is another popular anti-aging topical treatment that has the following benefits, when found in skincare with 10-20% vitamin C concentration:
- Anti-Aging: increased cell turnover to reduce wrinkles
- Antioxidant: protects against UV light, pollution, & free radicals that promote oxidative stress & aging.
- Hydration: decreases skin’s water loss.
- Skin brightening: reduces hyperpigmentation & brightens dull complexion.
- Under eye circle reduction: evens out skin tone by impeding melanin overproduction while also hydrating and plumping the area.
- Collagen: protects & increases production for firmer skin.
All in all, although I haven’t used it for very long I can say I know the benefits of the serum have helped my skin heal from hormonal acne and are helping keep my dark circles at bay. I love the light scent and the texture is light and moisturizing without being sticky. I’m a huge fan and definitely recommend checking it out if you haven’t already!