Have I got your attention? A website without hosting fees? What?! Where in the world is anything free these days?! Well nowhere, technically, but here’s a little work-around for new up and coming e-commerce businesses, particularly for my fellow Maskcara Artists.
When a new business starts their e-commerce website on something like Shopify or squarespace they often have the option of using a free version of the site. They get a site name like thekatd.myshopify.com/shop. Or maybe you’re a Maskcara Artist with a replicated website like kat.maskcarabeauty.com and a handful of party links you can barely keep track of. Having any unique site is good, because at least they’re free/low cost websites, but can we make it more personal without having to pay extra fees? Yes. Yes, we can!
The easiest way in my opinion is to:
- Go to godaddy.com and see if your favored domain name is available. Like for me, thekatd.com
- Buy your domain! I suggest locking in a good rate in advance, but if your budget is only for the first year, you can get away with buying yours for $20 or less!
- Follow the prompts in the video below to redirect your long, complicated, impersonal website to your now easy, memorable, totally personalized website!
- Boom! You have an e-commerce website with $0 hosting fees!
- Tip for Maskcara Artists running multiple parties: use subdomains like “makeup.thekatd.com” to forward to your current personal rewards party link or personalize your customer’s party links with subdomains like “barbara.thekatd.com”
Now, if you’re ready to start your own blog or website I can help you accomplish that with $100 or less. I wrote a little blog over here that describes how to get inexpensive hosting & setup.